West Byfleet Infant School
Welcome to our school
Welcome to West Byfleet Infant School. I have loved working with the children and families of our school since becoming Head Teacher in September 2002. We hope our website provides you with a brief snapshot of the school and a window into our school community. We are so proud of our wonderful school and would love you to see us "first hand" in action, so please pay us a visit soon.
Our mission statement at West Byfleet Infant School is "We believe in success; learning is fun in our school". The staff and children really "live out" this motto through our vibrant curriculum and high expectations. We pride ourselves on our welcoming and caring ethos and our key values underpin our success, inspiring children, parents, staff and governors to learn and grow together.
West Byfleet Infant School provides a caring and supportive environment and has high expectations of success in all areas of the curriculum. Our team is committed to creating an enthusiasm for learning and providing the best education, to enable all our children to achieve their full potential and to love learning. Through a stimulating, engaging curriculum, that encompasses indoor and outdoor learning opportunities, we ensure that every day counts and is fun.
We enjoy working closely with parents and recognise the importance of establishing strong home/school partnerships. We understand that the health and safety of all our children is of paramount importance, so our school provides a safe environment in which our children can flourish.
We are very proud of our school and its achievements, including our "Outstanding" OFSTED inspection (May 2008), which highlights our strengths, including our high standards of behaviour, progress and attainment. We have strong links with West Byfleet Junior School and work in partnership with 5 other local schools in the STARS partnership, sharing good practice and having a commitment to raising the attainment in all schools.
We hope you enjoy our website and that you get a flavour for the opportunities we provide here at West Byfleet.
Mrs Shirley James
Values & Ethos
- To provide an educational environment appropriate for all children from 4 years to 7 years to learn, work co-operatively and have equal opportunity to develop their potential intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and creatively.
- To encourage self discipline and care and concern for others.
- To provide a happy and purposeful community where all children and adults are valued.
- To provide a place where all have equal opportunities regardless of culture, gender and social background.
- To encourage all children to reach their academic potential by improving their progress through rigorous monitoring, formative assessment and high expectations.
VALUE OF THE MONTH: TOLERANCE
Comments from our Parents:
"I help in Year 2 with their reading on Monday afternoons. I would just like to say what a delightful group of boys and girls they are. They are polite, quietly confident, enthusiastic and, most important of all, they are happy! Well done WBIS!"